Apple has a closely knit computing ecosystem. We leverage the ecosystem to get things done easier, smarter, and seamlessly.
We try to stay with the default native apps and programs that comes with the OSes as much as possible. However, you still need few must-have tools, utilities, and programs that you need to get things done.
Here are some of the non-apple applications that we use.
- 1Password. At the start of the 21st century, we started with Keepass as the entry into the world of Password Management but moved to 1Password (2006) since its beta and haven’t looked back.
- Alfred with its PowerPack is the primary utility that drives the regular task that happens on the MacOS. If you do have PowerPack, look into its WorkFlows.
- Bartender (Free Alternatives: Hidden Bar)
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Grammarly + Hemingway App + iA Writer
- Lulu is a free, open-source firewall that aims to block unknown outgoing connections.